Tuesday, January 7, 2014

New Year

It's a new year and that has many people talking about New Year's resolutions.

I remember last year's resolution. It was simply to "suck less". It was simple and complicated all in one. It basically meant I wanted to be more present. It meant to do the things I said I was going to do. I wanted to do the things I wanted instead of just thinking about them.

For the most part, I think I followed through. I do think I sucked less...in my opinion, although the bar was set very low.

I think it's a good one to continue and there is always room for less suckage. This year's list:

1. Continue to suck less
2. Blog more, I barely remember last year. I'm disappointed I didn't document much of last year.  I need to continue this thing I love so much. 
3. Print pictures and make photo albums. Start from today so it isn't as daunting. You can always play catch up "tomorrow", but today is the easiest place to start.
4. Cook more, cook healthier. This hasn't been on track since Addison died. 
5. Be more organized (why is my dining room table always such a disaster)?!
6. Declutter (this kind of goes along with no. 5) I brought a box home to start. If a fill up one box a week from various places around the house, it won't feel so daunting AND it's a step in the right direction.
7. Make moving a priority. Brian and I HATE our house. It doesn't fit our family and I know a new place would make us feel like we were living in a home and not just a house. We spend as little time as possible in our current house and I want that to change.
8. Take Mason someplace new and fun at least once a month. On top of this I want to take M to visit our friends and family more, at least once a month and visits to the Great-Grandparents at least 2x a month. Time, memories, etc. need to be a priority. 
9. Buy one new clothing item (one piece not an entire outfit) a month. Nothing crazy, but my wardrobe is very, very sad. New clothes do a lot for the mind as well as the body. Look good=feel good.
10. Don't be so hard on myself. I can't always follow though...even on the things listed above. :)

Two blogs in two days?!? This is progress people!

5 comments:

  1. I hope it continues to suck less! I'm glad for the progress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same New Years resolution last year... Essentially. I wanted to be present and appreciate more and I can honestly say I did.

    I like the blogging more resolution! I miss the ladies that don't blog as much but I understand why they don't. It is such a great way to keep a record of life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you suck just the right amount. :)

    Just kidding, but I think that's a fantastic and all encompassing resolution.

    Loving the blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your photo resolution and dining room one too. We should compare our messy dining rooms on ig. However, I'm sure I'm far too embarrassed to comply!

    I'm looking forward to your blogging resolution too. I feel like mine has become a thing of the past, but only because my present is so challenging with Theodore. And as bad as some days feel, I'd still like a look back on it. Especially on the grief side of things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to suck less too. Lots of suckage around here from time to time.

    I'm excited that you're blogging again! I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete