Sunday, September 2, 2012

A birth announcement

I just can't seem to get myself to blog...I want to and I miss it, but it just doesn't feel natural like it used to. It's very hard to start when you feel SO far behind. Things with Mason are good, but they have also been very hard. He is anything but an easy baby. It's been hard to get even the smallest task completed, but today I finally ordered his birth announcements...yeah I know...it's ridiculous. My dad said at this point I shouldn't bother with it as he is already 4 months old, but he deserves a special announcement too. My main struggle with them (other than time) is that I needed Addison to be incorporated, but I didn't want them to be ABOUT Addison and thinking about it was too overwhelming most of the time. This is what we came up with.

Photo Card
View the entire collection of cards.



 
If you can't read the announcement the bottom says "Thankful parents Brian and Keleen with big sister Addison forever in our hearts" It's the best we could decide on, but I still don't know it's exactly what I wanted...I could stare at it for another four months, but it would probably still be the same!

A friend of Brian's took these pictures and while initially I wanted BIRTH pictures in his announcement, I loved that the classic "baby toes and rings" had Addison's footprint too (by my request) and the picture of Mason's first "dip" in the lake (while it isn't your typical family picture) is just that because Addi is apart of that lake and our family. Since I HAD to use those two pictures, I decided to only use pictures from that shoot and no hospital pictures because it just seemed to flow better. I just ordered them so hopefully they look just as good or better in person. Here is your sneak peek!

I remember what a hard process this was for Addison and how I couldn't believe it took me three months to complete...little did I know it would take me even LONGER to get Mason's done. It's always going to suck that I really have to think of how I can include her instead of just adding her like a normal family who hasn't lost child.

Maybe someday I will be able to sit down and really write again because Lord knows, I have a lot to say!

A little Mason update for those of you that are wondering. At his 4 month appointment last week (yes, I said FOUR) his stats were:

Weight: 14 lbs 12 oz (45%)
Length: 25 3/4 inches (75%)
Head Circumference: (90%)
This month we get to add solids and so far he LOVES pears!

Oh and here he is at 4 months old...with his Addi bear of course.

10 comments:

  1. Can you post larger pictures of the ones you included on M's birth announcement? I was hoping to see Addison's print in the ring/toe one? I love your wording involving Addison, too. :)

    I know what you mean about it not flowing as easily these days.. I find the only time I really really really crave the urge to write is on nights like tonight where I'm all ragey...

    Love your hunky little man- he's too cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for instagram! I'll post these pictures on the blog when I actually get the announcements and put it in that post!

      Delete
  2. Perfect! I know what you mean, wanting to incorporate their older siblings, but the focus of the announcement be on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it was important to me to include Hayes in Kellan's announcement... I settled on putting his name at the bottom with ours. It read: Love, Molly, Jason, big sister Sloane and heavenly brother Hayes. :( Beautiful pics, and I'm glad Mason got a special card too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember reading yours and agreeing that the announcement needed to be for these sweet baby boys, but their siblings would need to be on there regardless.

      Delete
  4. The announcement looks great! The wording sounds perfect. I'm still pregnant and have already struggled with how to incorporate Bear into this new babe's announcement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness he is a handsome little man! We just went through a similar birth announcement process... How to include Elizabeth in an appropriate way in Ginny's announcement? And came up with a similar concept. Maybe I will post about it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do, I would love to see them!

      Delete
  6. So cute and getting so big. Hang in there. Once he is sitting on his own you will get a little bit of a reprieve. I miss your pics and your writing :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the announcement! I struggled with Addalee's too. I was overwheled with caring for her and feeling like I didn't even have time to shower, much less blog or create the perfect birth announcement! Then there was the daunting task of including Caroline, but not making it about her! I actually used pictures from Caroline's balloon release for her 1st birthday, and found some wording I thought was nice. I can't actually remember how old she was when I finally ordered them and sent them out! I think you've done a great job on these!

    Yay for your handsome little big boy! Addalee has loved pears from the beginning too! And her noggin is in the 90% too! Big smart brains! (Thank the Lord her head wasn't in the 90% at birth, yikes!!)

    ReplyDelete