Sunday, April 22, 2012

We are in the hospital-for real!

I have never tried posting from my phone before so I will try and keep this short. We had a check in time of 8pm last night and I was shocked to hear they were actually ready for us. Brian and I both felt a little sick as we made the trip in. There was a couple leaving with their new baby as we were coming in. Brian saw me staring at them and said, "that WILL be us" oh I love his optimism. We were all signed in and headed back to our room. We got a whole new non-Addison room. I felt like throwing up when we got there until we saw not only one, but BOTH of our Addi nurses waiting for us. Our room was decorated and Happy birthday Mason was written on the white board. In an instant things were smiley and happy and not scary. I was hooked up to the monitor and what do you know...heartbeat! What a new experience. I was given miso last night twice and an ambien to help sleep. I've been up since 4am, but I really wasn't sleeping great before then...can we just have him already?!? Just hearing that galloping heartbeat on the machine is music to my ears...well that and the sound of Brian sleeping next to me. Thank God he is here and thankfully one of us is getting some sleep. I will try to update later....this is more of a test to see if it works! Still waiting for this to feel real...I still can't believe this is all really happening.

17 comments:

  1. Yay!! Can't wait to hear more and see pics of Mason. So excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. today sounds like a great day to have a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think April 22 should be a day of joy and not just sorrow. Sending love and hope your way, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, great news to wake up to! You made it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for you...that is amazing that those nurses did that just for you and your husband and baby Mason. What a blessing! Calming your fears...that's amazing! I will be praying for safety and health and a beautiful little boy...God bless you!

    Nicki

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad things have gotten underway! Please keep us posted! Happy birthday Mason!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great news! Good luck today - thinking of you and your whole family <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of your nurses were there for you?! That is the most amazing, wonderful thing, and I *love* that they had the room ready and decorated for you. I think this combo is exactly what you needed!!! Can't wait to hear more. I hope you're comfortable and as calm as you can be. You'll meet Addi's little brother soon!

    We love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to hear you have such good care and amazing nurses. Nothing is better than the sound of that galloping heartbeat. Happy Birthday to Mason!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so wonderful you have the same nurses. Sending you good thoughts for an easy, uneventful birth!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very excited for you, good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. yay! It will be a beautiful day! Thinking good thoughts for you and your babies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anxious. Excited! We cannot wait to meet little Mason. :)BLM babies are all over the place and I can barely stand my excitement. It's about time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So excited and happy for yall!!! So happy you have the comfort of his heartbeat!!! I cant wait to see pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't wait to see pics of Mason! So excited for you guys:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thinking of you all. Cant wait to hear of Madon's safe arrival. :)

    So sweet both if Addi's nurses were there, and the room was decorated. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. YAY! Can't wait to hear (and see!) more!

    ReplyDelete