Thursday, April 19, 2012

No room at the Inn

I'm sorry to take so long to update you all....I'm still pregnant...and still at home. No I am not kidding.

Shortly after hitting "publish" on my last post I called the hospital for the pre-check in. I thought this was solely protocol and not necessary...we were scheduled after all and had arranged THIS date so we would have a specific doctor and specific nurse. I was beyond shocked and lost for words when I heard "we are full, we will call you in a few hours to tell you IF you can come in". Are you Fing kidding me?!? No, they weren't.

Brian and I didn't know what to do, we were at a total loss. We waited and waited for a phone call. Several hours later we got a phone call saying they still didn't know and would call again in a few hours.

We hadn't slept well in anticipation of what was supposed to be happening today and couldn't do anything else, but wait.

We decided to pack all of our bags into the car and go get gas and hope for the call. When it finally came we were told nothing would be happening today. NOTHING. So many emotions, so much confusion, so much...everything.

Now we have been given a different date all together. I don't even want to say it because I don't want people counting on something that won't happen.

I feel like of course this was what happened of course things didn't goes as planned of course we are let down and so are all of our family and friends....this is how our lives seem to go.

The one good thing is that Mason has been moving round great for me so I haven't had to worry *much* about his safety.

I just can't believe this happened to us, but then again I can, because it is us after all. So now we sit and wait...some more.

Thank you for all the comments and emails today. Our lap top was packed away ready for the hospital and this was the first chance I have had to sit down and give an update.

It's been a roller coaster of a day to say the least.

15 comments:

  1. Lol at the title but this iis crazy!!! Im so sorry! Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No! - reneging on a planned induction is wrong, reneging on a planned induction for a BLM is just ... cruel. I appreciate it's probably down to having emergencies and out of anyone's control but still ... so NOT FAIR for you. Thinking of you and hoping Mason's birthday is very, very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unbelievable...it is always something. So glad Mason is being a good boy and kicking away for you and don't worry about everyone else...focus on you and that little guy. Hoping you don't have to wait too much longer. Thinking of you constantly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh I'm so sorry. I'm sure your nerves and anxiety are just sky high. But not much longer I'm sure and we're all still so excited for you and will be praying that baby Mason keeps active for you (and your sanity :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not fair not fair not fair. Glad Mason is more than keeping up his end of the bargain, though. Hang in there <3

    And if you have any extra worries (ha! of course you do - of course we all do - but you know what I mean), I think you should feel free to stretch the truth to just talk your way into the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry :( Keep kickin mommy Mason!!!! I know that feeling of just wanting them in your arms to know they are safe. It was torture waiting til 39 weeks for Emily. Once I knew I had to go one more week I just kept myself positive by telling myself she was growing stronger every second she stayed in. But it's still so scary. Hang on momma!
    Can't wait to see that little man!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must be so frustrated. Thinking of you and hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh, that is so so frustrating! I think that's why my OB was ready to schedule my repeat c-section like 6 months in advance. I know so many people having babies right now (including myself a year ago), it's definitely a busy time. Hopefully the next time will work and go quickly and hopefully they will be less crowded so you get better care. (When I had Luke on the Apr.27th last year, the hospital was so packed they had to open an extra floor for L&D...and it sucked, except for the whole having a healthy baby thing, but it seriously made me want to homebirth, and I'm a medical intervention through and through kinda girl so for ME to want a homebirth, it's pretty bad....) Anyway, sending prayers you will be holding a healthy beautiful Mason in your arms very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You seem remarkably calm, I would have lost my freaking marbles (and still will if something changes Gracie's arrival date). I'm glad Mason is moving like crazy for his mom- I'm sure he's just as anxious to get out and meet you too!!!! Xox momma

    ReplyDelete
  10. So frustrating to be ready and then get told you have to wait some more, ugh! Hopefully soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry!! I cannot believe that!!! I hope this little boy gets to make his much anticipated arrival soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I'm so very sorry this is happening to you! I know exactly how you feel because it happened to me in October with my rainbow baby! I was scheduled on a Friday, was told to call back later, but then they rescheduled me on Monday. I had to wait a whole weekend. I had nothing to do because I planned on having my Alexa. I hope this time flies by for you and Mason continues to be active.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah I would have been very very upset. I hope that you are doing ok. My emotions were all over the place in the time before we went to the hospital. So many different thoughts going through your mind. And then for them to change the date on you- geez.

    I'm praying for you guys ♥

    ReplyDelete