Sunday, April 1, 2012

35 Weeks

**Sorry to be so late with this post, it should have been posted 3/29/12, just been too busy!

How Far Along: 35 weeks (our baby is as big as a Honeydew).
Maternity Clothes: I got a whole bag of maternity clothes from my friend Jami, even better than torturing myself shopping! Thanks Jami!
Movement: Lots of movement this week. Every once in a while I get something big enough that takes my breath away or makes me let out a noise.
Gender: A brother for Addison, Mason Alexander.
Symptoms: Runny nose always. Braxton hicks contractions daily.
Cravings: Can't think of anything specific.
Belly Button In or Out: Still in, getting more flat!
Best Moment this week: We had our last childbirth class on Tuesday (which was a TOTAL bust), BUT this class we toured Labor and Delivery. As we came around the corner to the postpartum wing, Brian heard our instructor say hello to our favorite nurse who was with us through everything with Addison. I didn't hear it, but when he told me he said my eyes lit up. The second nurse D and I saw each other we couldn't get to each other fast enough. It was the best hug ever!I thought I would start crying, but my face just turned 8 shades of red. Our instructor moved the rest of the class on...they were probably wondering wtf was going on, but I didn't care. It was SO good to see her. Brian and I stayed back with D and just talked and hugged and she rubbed my Mason belly. She wanted us to know that she prays for us every day and can't wait to be our nurse again. She makes me feel so safe and cared for, I can't even describe it. Mason even kicked for her so he knows how important she is too.
Freak-out of the week: Total freak out last Friday with all the contractions and then Saturday AM when I didn't feel Mason moving. All talked about in a previous post.
What I miss: This week I missed having some "off" time, we had NO time for just the two of us and while this go-go-go has kept us distracted it also means we are exhausted and missing our time together.
What I am looking forward to: Getting the house put back together. It's a disaster after trying to reorganize and it's making me nuts to have everything so out of place.
Next Appointment: I have an NST on Tuesday, April 3rd and then Friday, April 6th I have half a days worth of appointments including an NST, a growth ultrasound and a doctor appointment.
Something Else: We are two camera classes down with two to go, so far I HATE them. They couldn't be anymore boring and I am learning nothing! Brian is taking something away from them, which means I will keep going. The main problem is they last 2 hours plus and that is about an hour more than my attention span will go! Plus they only have the most uncomfortable metal folding chairs...metal chairs+pregnant chick=miserable!

Friday was my crazy night of Braxton hicks and then Saturday I got my hair cut all talked about in previous posts.

The rest of the weekend was spent with my mom and Brian. My mom and I shopped for Mason and got his room put together since Brian finished painting it (pictures to come later). We also got part of the guest room cleared out to turn that room into a play room. We need more storage in our house because there is no where to put anything. There is stuff everywhere! Can't wait to get it all organized. There will be some serious trips to the Goodwill as I am in the mood just to get rid of stuff!

That scary day of contractions really helped get me into the nesting phase. Now I just want it all done. Mason's clothes are washed and put away and his room looks like it belongs to him. I still miss the pink, but I am happy with the way everything turned out for him.

Our last childbirth class took us through the Labor and Delivery and guess which room we toured...YEP! You guessed it, THE room. Our instructor probably asked us 3 times if that would be okay and people were probably wondering why. Brian said his heart started pounding the second we entered L&D. When we got to the triage area where I had that awful NST we stayed way back as I wanted nothing to do with it. As we got to the delivery room, Brian and I stayed in the back again so we barely entered the room. We stayed in the doorway. Neither of us cried, but we were staying way far back. The longer we were in there the more I thought about how the last time we were in there, Addi was with us. Such a bittersweet thought. As we walked the halls I carefully checked each door to be sure there were no leaves hanging on the door....the sign of a mother delivering a dead baby...I was so relieved not to see any.

Just before my NST

Brian and I have 3 other couple friends who either recently had a baby or are due. The last of them found out the sex of their baby and ALL couples are having boys. I sure have some wonderful friends to not have any girls ;) Seriously though, it makes things so much easier not to have to friends having girls right now. Plus it mean Mason will have 3 little boys close to his age to hang with, which I really love. Good thing since we didn't meet anyone cool in childbirth class!

One of the support groups we attend was this week. Brian had to work late, but I decided to go alone as next month we will (hopefully) have  baby and not be able to go. This was actually a meeting I could have missed. I usually leave feeling better, but this one I left feeling depleted. There was husband bashing, interrupting and yuck. I stayed pretty quiet because it was just so much to take in. I was really glad there were no "fresh" couples. If that had been my first meeting, I never would have gone back!

I have been reading all the blog posts, but on my phone it's hard to comment especially for those of you that still have that awful word verification. I am hoping this week will calm down a little. I am SO happy to be in April. This is going to be a crazy time, but knowing how close we are to meeting Mason is mind blowing.

8 comments:

  1. Wow... Here we are in April! I can't believe it!! Can't wait to see nursery pics! And I am jealous of your nesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, I'm exhausted from reading all the stuff you're doing! The good news is that you're so busy that time is going by. Not sure if you know, but Mason will be here in less than 3 weeks. UM, wow. Wow. Wow.

    Cannot. wait.

    And girl... how brave of you to enter the doorway of the room! I walked by ours about 3 billion times, but never would I dare to enter its chambers. Eek.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, gads, I'm so sorry you had to have both of those stops on your L&D tour. To this day I don't know what room number we delivered the twins in...I'd have to look in my records. All I know is it was way back in a corner somewhere. I'm sure Paul knows exactly which room it is...it's different when you're wheeled through the back halls on a guerney rather than walking there under your own steam...no sense of direction. I do fully remember, though, the u/s room at Prov, where I'd spent 1.5 hours enduring a very thorough (and perfect) u/s one day, and then was back there finding out our twins were going to die the next. I hope I don't have reason to have any u/s at Providence again next time. My RE does have a pretty high-powered machine himself.

    AWESOME that you got to see Nurse D, though! We've run into two of our nurses heading to support group and it's been so fabulous. We just need to see Nurse V and we'll have seen them all. I hope they are "on" when we get the opportunity to deliver there again.

    Glad you have Mason's room squared away. Can't wait to see pictures!

    As for the group last week, I second that. Ugh. I was actually glad Paul wasn't there...he'd have been uncomfortable.

    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are so energetic! Can't wait to see pictures of Mason's room :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am getting so excited for you and can't wait to see pictures of Mason's room, and pretty soon, pictures of him IN his room :)

    Good for you for going back into that room. I've been thinking about how I will react to being back in L&D and all of the memories come back. It sounds like you handled it very well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited for you that it's April! Not many more posts like this for you to write!

    That's so great that you had such a good nurse and that she wants to be there again for Mason.

    ReplyDelete
  7. April! Soooo exciting!

    I think I've said it before, and I'll say it again, just reading about all of your activities makes me tired! When I was pregnant, I didn't have enough energy to do half of what you are! You're superwoman! :)

    Can't wait to see pictures of the nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely that you saw the nurse who was such a big part of your time in L&D with Addison. It must have been so hard to go back into that room. Thinking of you xoxo

    PS. I've gone public again... so will hopefully be easier to follow xo

    ReplyDelete