Sunday, March 25, 2012

Hair today, gone tomorrow

Or in my case hair was gone yesterday! I thought this process would be a bit more emotional, but it was actually not too bad. I went to a new hair stylist who had been referred to me. I wasn't sure if I would share the reasons why I was cutting my hair to donate to Locks of Love, but it came up...of course it came up.

Surprisingly this stranger I had never met before started talking about her cousin who has 5 children, well 4 living as soon as she said that I thought this was going to be an easier trip than expected. I asked about the child her cousin had lost and she told me it was a little girl who was stillborn at full term...sound familiar?!?! So then of course I told her all about Addison and how hard it is to be pregnant again with all this fear. She seemed to "get it" in a sad, but refreshing way. She also told me about her cousin got very involved with Molly Bears! I told her how we recently got ours and how much we love it!

Now I don't believe that everything happens for a reason, but it did seem kind of perfect that SHE was the one cutting my hair!

I wound up being able to donate just under 13 inches of hair! My hair is a bit shorter that I would have chosen if I had been cutting it for me, but I wanted to be sure not to go under the required 10 inches.

It felt nice to know that this very special hair that grew with me while Addison did was going to go to a child in need. My BLM friend Brandy donated her hair several months back and left me the comment of "It was my innocence, my grief, and my renewed hope all in one" so true Brandy, so true!

After my appointment I went to decorate Addison's spot with Easter decorations. Then I came home to work in Mason's room with my mom. I took it easy all day and had only a hand full of contractions. So thankful to NOT be in labor yet! I have to say that labor scare did put me in a better mindset to get things ready for Mason. Before I was just sure that he wouldn't come before 38 weeks and now I am getting into gear, just in case. Nothing like an "Oh my God, my baby is dead...again" moment to throw yourself into action...ugh. I'm trying my best to do the things I can without pushing myself too much. Once you think you can't or won't be able to get things done it really makes you want to! Don't you hate that?!?

So here are the hair shots for your viewing pleasure ha!
Holy Little House on the Prairie!

Possibly the shortest I have ever had my hair

Front view

The final braid to be donated!

17 comments:

  1. Such a great thing you did, Addi would be so proud of you!

    And yes, when Luke was failing his NST's and I got admitted for observation twice in 2 days, I got SO MUCH done. Take it easy and don't wear yourself out though, babies need a lot less than you think! Carseat, blanket, diapers, and boob, and you are set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it looks so cute! I am in terrible need of a haircut... Bc of bedrest, I haven't been since week 7 of this pregnancy. That is along time for me. Its disgusting and I told Jason if I make it to 35 weeks, I am going to treat it like a drs appt and go before I have this baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!! I am donating mine on Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! You look beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Long hair! Congrats on the donation, your hair look awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the new hair cut! but you are always adorable :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, I *love* it!!! I can't wait to see it for myself on Wednesday night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look fantastic! Congrats on doing such a lovely thing in honor of Addi. You and Brandy rock.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks amazing! What a kind thing you are doing for a child in need. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it!!! Its so cute on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you look awesome! And a little girl is going to feel pretty and more confident because of you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hooray! I think you look great and Addison would be proud of her mama. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great thing you did. Addison must be so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome! So glad you had such an understanding person doing the hair cut too. I know your baby girl is super proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that you did this! And I think the new 'do is super flattering!! You go, Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look great! What a generous gift you have given someone, too :)

    ReplyDelete