Thursday, March 8, 2012

32 Weeks

How Far Along: 32 weeks (our baby is as big as a Squash).
Maternity Clothes: Maybe something new this week...we will see.
Movement: Less all over the place movements, more large and sometimes painful ones. Still most active after dinner and at bed time.
Gender: A brother for Addison, Mason Alexander.
Symptoms: Runny nose is the most consistent. The others all come and go. Back to only one bathroom break a night...not sure how I am getting so lucky on that one!
Cravings: Double stuffed oreos...and milk....the milk makes it a healthy choice...right!?!? Oh and strawberries! I would eat strawberries every day!
Belly Button In or Out: Still in, I still can't see it unless I bend over! It may be more flat that in...I'll have to check again!
Best Moment this week: It was a quiet week at work and I really REALLY needed that. If only every week could be like this! Plus I got the nicest email from our nurse who helped deliver Addison. She is really trying to make sure she will be able to be our nurse for Mason. This brings me the only real relief I have felt in a long time, if we can have her AND our original doctor I might actually be able to do this.
Freak-out of the week: Probably anticipating the childbirth class and then actually being there. I really get myself worked up about these things. No major Mason freak-out...I still have several times a week where I am convinced he isn't moving and something is wrong, but that is a weekly/daily occurrence. I just got the call changing my next doctor appointment to a new doctor because my doctor is leaving the country! I knew this was coming, he gave me plenty of warning and I am so happy for him because it really is for a wonderful reason, but man I am nervous about not having him even just for one appointment. We haven't seen a different doctor this entire time. Hopefully it will be a quick trip and he will be back soon. I just have to be grateful that this isn't happening when I deliver...well hopefully nothing happens while he is gone...agghhhhhhh.
What I miss: I miss being one of those blissful ignorant parents in the childbirth class. I envy them so!
What I am looking forward to: Sleeping in on Saturday...this week has been go-go-go and I am exhausted! Also the follow up ultrasound we have scheduled for Monday. I mean I am nervous about it, but also ready for some more answers.
Next Appointment: Ultrasound is Monday, March 12th and our next doctor appointment is Friday, March 16th.
Something Else: If we are able to induce at 38 weeks that means that we could be a mere 6 weeks away from meeting our son...this doesn't seem like a reality to me at all. There are still times when I question if this is the real I really pregnant?!? The bulging/squirming ball in my belly says yes, but my brain says no. Six weeks really isn't a very long time and yet it feels like a lifetime away.

Gifts for Mason are arriving in the mail and I haven't written one single thank-you unlike me. I got as far as buying thank-you cards and that's where it stopped. That part shouldn't be so hard and yet I can't seem to make myself do it!

Brian asked that I get the nursery ready or at least cleared out so he could start painting by next weekend...I thought he had given up on that. Guess not. I have had offers to come and help me do this, but if I don't know what I want or where I want things how am I supposed to to tell other people what to do in there? I really don't think I can do this. It's pretty bad when your husband is the one nesting and you don't want anything to do with it.

Then there is the car seat situation. It's getting to be that time that they need to be taken out of the closet and installed in our vehicles. I think I did this a good 2 months before Addison was born...just in case, you know?!? I loved looking behind my seat and seeing it there. After she died I couldn't get Brian to rip them out fast enough. I had them installed by the professionals because that's one of those things I don't want to take any chances on. They are only available once a month to do this. I think the next time is 3 weeks away so it wouldn't be too long before he is supposed to come, but I still think it will be hard to have it in there. I suppose I can just have the base in there and leave the car seats in the closet until last minute...that will probably be the best option.

I still have yet to do a single load of tiny blue laundry and that baby shower I have been talking about was originally scheduled for next weekend...since I haven't gotten invites sent out that isn't looking promising. Wow, I really suck this go around!


  1. Mmmmmmm double stuffed Oreos?! Thanks a lot. Now I'm thinking about them!

  2. Definitely just get the base installed, and then just leave the seat in the car or in trunk of the car.

    We had ours installed THE DAY BEFORE Luke was born (actually not even a full day). So I feel ya on holding off on it. But we figured that before 36 weeks, he'd probably be in the NICU for at least a short time anyway, and we knew I was having a c-section so DH would have plenty of time to go back and get it. So meh. It can wait.

  3. Oops sorry.."just leave the seat in the CLOSET or the trunk of the car." not the car or the car. :)

  4. Six weeks... time is flying :)) Sorry to hear about your childbirth class... but glad she acknowledged all that you've been through and offered to help however she can. I hope your homestretch is as peaceful as possible... love to you all xoxo

  5. We actually didn't install the carseat base with Addalee until AFTER she was born! Like I sent Arthur out the morning I knew we were going home to get it done. He wasn't even sure if he was going to take it to the hospital with us, but he slipped it in just as we were leaving.

    Praying for a good ultrasound and quick return of the results next week!

  6. OMG 32 weeks!!! The time is flying! You are getting so close.

    I was just like you with the car seat. With Aiden we installed is very early and in my city there is a specialist in the police department that helps you. So we had the car seat installed by an officer who taught us how to do everything properly and I was so proud and happy to drive around with it in my back seat. I loved glancing in the rearview mirror and seeing it there. After we lost him I don't even really know who took it out of my car but one day (when I wasn't in a daze) I noticed it was gone. With Mason we waited as long as we thought we could to put the car seat in and then we only put in the base. It was easier because I didn't have to look at it all the time if I didn't want to.

    Good luck with the ultrasound on Monday. Continuing to pray for you all!