Thursday, March 1, 2012

31 Weeks

How Far Along: 31 weeks (our baby is as big as a Pineapple). How is it Thursday again? This week has flown. I think I have been in a haze all week.
Maternity Clothes: Same stuff
Movement: The normal evening dancing has slowed a bit. His movements are bigger so there isn't as much "crazy all over the place". I have been noticing I'm wincing more as some of his movements are painful...not so much that I cry, just takes my breath away for a moment. This kind of movement is new to me.
Gender: A brother for Addison, Mason Alexander.
Symptoms: Runny nose, my hips pop when I get out of bed, light sciatica and heart burn are kicking in again, thicker hair (or at least less is falling out in the shower). More day time bathroom breaks and last night I was up 3x so my night time bathroom breaks are increasing. Pregnancy brain, dropping stuff and feeling more tired.
Cravings: Sweets...I hate to admit it, but I need a chocolate something after dinner.
Belly Button In or Out: Still in, still "looks down towards the ground". Also, I can't see it by just looking straight down. I see the top of my belly and nothing else without bending. I need to lean forward to see my belly button...and my feet too.
Best Moment this week: Another fun weekend with friends.
Freak-out of the week: Friday when we found out there maybe something wrong with Mason's kidney. That was no good.
What I miss: What don't I miss???
What I am looking forward to: There is a pregnancy after loss meeting this week and I have to say, I am actually looking forward to that. It's such a small world to find other parents like us, but to meet others who lost a baby AND are pregnant again...well it just makes things feel less lonely.
Next Appointment: Friday, March 2nd.
Something Else: I have this calendar that I write in nightly (just a little something for Mason to have someday) you have to fill in the date and even after 31 weeks, I still only write on the dates for one week ahead...I don't have the confidence to fill it in all the way. I also take a weekly "belly" shot and print off the weeks in groups of four (that's how many fit on one page). I still only do that 1 page at a time. On one hand I know I won't "jinx" things, but on the other hand...why chance it.

After getting the news that there may or may not be something going on with Mason's kidneys, it put me in a funk, but probably not the one you are expecting. I am torn by feelings of worry and then feelings of OF COURSE there is something wrong. I guess I just expected there to be...I mean what are the chances of having 2 perfect/healthy babies?!?!? I don't really know what to say about it. It is what it is, we have to wait and see and I guess that's where I am at.

Just doing this update seems so draining. I had to make myself sit down and do this. I am sure I am forgetting things to add, but the fact that there is an update at all is all I have for tonight!

Oh and that baby shower list I was supposed to do weeks ago...still not done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment