Thursday, November 3, 2011

14 Weeks

How Far Along: 14 weeks (our baby is as big as a Lemon)
Maternity Clothes: I tried to wear a normal pair of pants today...big big mistake...even the rubber band trick isn't helping...what was I thinking?!? I guess I need to buy one more pair of work maternity pants to make it through the work week.
Movement: Every once in a while I swear I feel something. That teeny tiny movement of air bubbles or like if you were to move your hand slowly under water.
Sleep: is interrupted by one bathroom break each night...the last two nights has been two bathroom breaks. (At the end of my pregnancy with Addi it was between 3-5).
Gender:  Too many thoughts on this. 
Symptoms: I would say morning sickness is gone, but if I wait too long to eat I don't feel so good. Now it is just a matter of getting comfortable although I know this is only the beginning.
Cravings: I was thinking there weren't any this week, but then I couldn't decided what I wanted for lunch today, I came back from the grocery store with bananas, apples and the little Satsuma oranges. So I guess fruit.
Belly Button In or Out: in
Best Moment this week:  We had dinner and game night with friends it was long overdue and lots of fun. Last Friday we "got" to have an ultrasound so seeing the baby is always a good part of the week.
Freak-out of the week: When our doctor couldn't find the heartbeat with the doppler...ugh that was awful.
What I miss: my maternity pants...is today over yet?
What I am looking forward to:  I am hoping to go into the doctor's office tomorrow to hear the heartbeat. We don't have an appointment, but they said we could stop by any time...hopefully they meant it.
Next Appointment: Not until December 2nd...there is no way I will make it that long in between hearing that this baby is okay. I need at least bi-weekly assurance so we will be stopping by for sure.
Something Else: My back is finally feeling okay. Maybe 90% better. I can dress myself completely and I was even able to do some housework and make dinner this week (Brian was very pleased). I went to physical therapy again today and I think I have some good exercises to do in hopes that this won't happen again.

3 comments:

  1. Girl! One bathroom break? I'm so jealous!! I started with 4-5 immediately. I'm peeing more than I'm sleeping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for 14!!! I am glad your doctor is being so flexible with you. I have already moved onto waking every 3 hours to go to the bathroom...my body is forgetting that i still have 12 weeks to go and I need my sleep!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Molly on the peeing 4-5 times a night. Your lucky with only 1-2 times. Yay for reaching the 2nd trimester.

    ReplyDelete