Thursday, October 27, 2011

13 Weeks

How Far Along: 13 weeks (our baby is as big as a Peach)
Maternity Clothes: Only maternity pants, but still normal tops. Mostly sweaters...it's cold out!Movement: It must be phantom movement because I catch myself going...wait...was....that?!?! And then I come back to reality and realize it is still too soon.
Sleep: Decent this last week other than back pain keeping me up after my 4 am bathroom break.
Gender:  Trying not to put much thought into it.
Symptoms: Morning sickness is almost gone. I still eat first thing, but the crackers aren't needed and as long as I don't wait too long in between meals I seem to be okay.
Cravings: Potatoes, baked, mashed, fried...you name it, I'll eat it.
Belly Button In or Out: in
Best Moment this week:  Carving pumpkins with the fam. It was just a really nice day. Nothing really baby related...more Addi related with the Addi pumpkin.
Freak-out of the week: When my back went all crazy I started to convince myself it was back labor then when I used the heating pad and told the nurse about it she told me not to use it for more than 20 minutes at a time...which I already did. So then I was pretty convinced I had "cooked" the baby...ugh
What I miss: What don't I miss?
What I am looking forward to:  Hearing the heartbeat tomorrow...I hope...I am also equally terrified he won't find it...remember I heating pad cooked the baby!
Next Appointment: Friday, October 28, 2011.

Something Else: Since my back has been all jacked up it has pretty much been my focus...good I suppose. Another distraction. I went to physical therapy last night and this morning and am walking upright again...I look more like the guy on the right instead of the left...with some differences, but you get the picture.
I'm still in pain, but the whole walking normal thing has been very much appreciated. I still get the pain that shoots down my legs making them feel week, but I am hoping the chiropractor appointment tomorrow will help with that. One step at a time. I will tell you that it really makes me appreciate the little things like getting up from a chair, sitting, standing etc. Almost makes me want to go for a run when I am all better...I said almost ;)

I know I am forgetting something, but this is all I can come up with for now....possible pregnancy brain or....possibly it's just me.

4 comments:

  1. Yay, Sweetie! I'm so glad your back is feeling better. It was awesome to see you last night.

    You very well could be feeling your baby. He or she is definitely moving and shaking in there, and you already know what it feels like, so it's likely you'll recognize it sooner. (I started feeling Bennett in the middle of my 13th week, so it is definitely possible!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news!!!! Congrats on moving into the 2nd trimester. I am still terrified of the doppler and have enjoyed getting u/s done first so i can see the heart beating versus relying on my doctor to find it right away.

    Glad the back is feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we'll always have doppler and ultrasound fear!

    Glad the back is healing up. Mine is back to normal and then two days later, I caught the flu-- fever, phlegm and all! Hooray for the flu shot I got not working! Boo.

    I started feeling this one in my 15th week, but I absolutely believe that since we're so keenly aware and already have nicely (recently) stretched out utes that these babies are able to get our attentions a bit easier. If not then, soon enough! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I craved potatoes all the time with Liam. It didn't matter what form they were in either.

    ReplyDelete