Friday, October 7, 2011

10 Weeks

*Sorry I didn't get this posted yesterday, there has been a lot goin on.

How Far Along: 10 weeks (our baby is as big as a kumquat)
Maternity Clothes: I will probably go find them soon. I am using the ol' rubber band trick with my jeans, but the rest of my clothes seem to fit just fine.
Movement: Nope
Sleep: For the most part I have been sleeping well all though last night I was up from 2am-4am for no reason :(
Gender: 10 more weeks till we can find out
Symptoms: Morning sickness from the moment I wake up until 1-2pm then it lets up a bit. A few days ago it seemed to be letting up, but the last 2 days have been back strong...today is partly because I didn't get enough sleep. The less sleep I get the more sick I feel.
Cravings: Last night I wanted some peach pineapple salsa, but the effort it would have taken to change out of my yoga pants and go to the store wasn't worth it. My sweet husband offered to go, but I didn't want to make him do that...not yet anyways.
Belly Button In or Out: in
Best Moment this week:  Friday we weren't able to hear the heartbeat with the doppler, but our doctor had the ultrasound machine waiting for us just in case and we were able to see the baby and the heartbeat, which was wonderful. Our doctor is just so wonderful at calming me.
Freak-out of the week: I got freaked when our doctor wasn't able to find the heartbeat with the doppler, but he was so quick about getting the ultrasound that my freak-out was limited. I still have non-baby related stress going on so that is helping me stay distracted.
What I miss: What don't I miss?!?!
What I am looking forward to:  This week being over and next weeks ultrasound appointment.
Next Appointment: Friday, October 14, 2011.

Something Else: This started last week, but on the morning of a "new week" Brian and I have been high-fiving each other...Just one more wait to celebrate I suppose!

I also got my little email telling me what is happening with the baby and my body blah blah blah. The email talked about our little fetus...and that really struck me. It really upsets me that Addison and this baby at this stage are considered the same in medical terms. Don't get me wrong, I think this baby should be considered a fetus, but it just really hurts that Addison wasn't considered a baby. She could have lived outside me on her own and yet I only have a "Fetal Death Certificate" for her. I know this topic could be debated for ever and I am not trying to offend anyone, but I can't help, but be hurt with the comparrison. I suppose I just wish there were more terms to be used and that all stages could be defined differently. Ugh.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you on the fetal death certificate aspect. I fought forever to get a birth cert for Liam and he was alive outside of me for an hour and half. It really sucks.
    Yeah for 10 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so shocked when my doctor said to another doctor that I'd had a "fetal demise." I know he was using the accurate medical terminology, talking to another medical professional, but still. I wanted to scream, "No! She was my BABY!"

    Congrats on 10 weeks. I like that you guys are celebrating each one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second the whole fetal demise b.s. , but yay for 10 weeks. My hubby just said the same thing to me about taking it day by day and week by week and appreciating every little milestone.
    So excited you get to see your little one again next week and if you keep up this every 2 week sono I can tell you by 13-14 weeks it was extremely obvious my baby was a boy...maybe you won't have to wait 10 weeks after all to find out if Addison will have a little sister or brother :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the comparison. I felt angry that some people compared my loss to a miscarriage (NOT SAYING THAT A MISCARRIAGE IS LESS OF A LOSS...I SWEAR), because our babies could have survived if born several weeks earlier. I guess it just showed the pure ignorance, and that hurt me.

    And YAY for 10 weeks! That's super exciting!

    P.S. They told us the gender at about 16 weeks...so like Darcey said, maybe you won't have to wait that long! :)

    ReplyDelete