Thursday, September 22, 2011

TGI Thursday

I know it's supposed to be TGIF, but I LIVE for Thursdays. Thursdays have always been a favorite because every Thursday is Grey's aka girl's night at my mom's house. We make a BIG effort to spend time at my parent's house in the summer, but come winter time we needed an "excuse" to all get together at least once a week. That's when I came up with Grey's night. We all were really into Grey's Anatomy so if we were all watching it separately, why not watch it together. Then my mom added clam dip and Pepsi to the regimen and it never gets missed. We even stick to our Thursday Grey's night in the summer because it's really just a great excuse to spend time together.

Tonight is the season premiere and I am so excited! I am worried about not being able to stay up late enough to watch it though! We also watch Private Practice, but it won't be on tonight since Grey's will be an extra hour long. For the record even though I love this show, we did not name our Addison after the Addison character. I will say that hearing them say Addison/Addi is like music to my ears :) My grandma (who doesn't watch) suggested the name Derek if we have a boy...I had to tell her no. That would be too weird. No one would ever believe we didn't name our kids after the show...I would have to be a super-freak/super-fan! The only thing that would make tonight better...would be a 9 month old making it difficult to watch our show...if only.

Every once in a while it will just be my sister, mom and I and then my brother and dad will hang out for a minute. While we love having extra over I have to say I LOVE those moments where it is just the original 5 of us. There is just something special about that time. After getting to grown-up status those moments are few and far between.

Any other Grey's Anatomy fans out there?

I can picture us having Grey's night 10 years from now when the show is off the air, but we will still call it that!

Now on to my new reason to love Thursdays. Thursday is the official start to a new pregnancy week. I live my life one week at a time. I can't picture anything farther than that. So today we are at week 8. Still very early, but still very hopeful.

I decided I am going to post pregnancy updates on here. I will post them at the bottom for people who want to read and then the people who don't want to don't have to. I have week 4 and up on the private blog, but I will start this blog out with week 8.

How Far Along: 8 weeks
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I was weighed at my appointment on Friday so now I have a starting weight!Maternity Clothes: Nope, but I keep wanting to go look, but then I feel nervous about jinxing us.
Movement: just general tummy rumblings
Sleep: Slightly less tired, as long as I sleep my full 8 hours my days are pretty good.
Gender: Seems so long away...
Symptoms: Morning sickness from the moment I wake up until 1-2pm then it lets up a bit.
Cravings: I don't crave saltine goldfish, but since they help I eat them all the time. I wanted Chinese a few days ago, but I wouldn't call it a pregnancy craving...probably had more to do with not wanting to cook!Belly Button In or Out: in
Best Moment this week:  Seeing our baby's heartbeat. It was such a hard moment, but I am so grateful we were able to see that little flicker.
Freak-out of the week: Waiting for the ultrasound, during the ultrasound. So many tears, so much stress and worry. Just before the scan my blood pressure was super high, she wound up retaking it after the scan.
What I miss: I miss how I used to be SO excited for doctor appointments and ultrasounds and now as much as I need them for reassurance it feels worse than watching a horror movie.
What I am looking forward to:  Hopefully hearing the heartbeat since we were only able to see it last time.
Next Appointment: Friday, September 30, 2011. Hopefully our doctor will be able to find the heartbeat with the doppler. I know at 9 weeks it wouldn't be weird if he couldn't detect it, but I know that would send me over the edge. I need it to be there and I need him to find it...and fast!

5 comments:

  1. I recently did hear your wonderful news, sort of guessed and a certain mutual friend confirmed. lol I'm so happy for you both and I look forward to reading all your amazing updates! On another note, it's always great to find another Grey's fan out there! I even got Matt hooked! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your exciting new bundle! That is very happy news! You'll be great!!
    Yes, big Greys fan also...although it was a lil heart wrenching to deal with the whole Christina baby thing! I yelled "I'll take the baby!!!!" then I realized it's tv and tried to relax, but still, c'mon, I'll take the baby!!!!
    Thank you for your kind words on my blog!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to Fridays since they mark another week for me. I am with you on living my life one week at time right now.
    Can't wait to hear about your next appt.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful that you saw your little one's heartbeat... such a magical moment :)) Congratulations and looking forward to hearing all your news along the way xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. *blush* I have never watched it. Perhaps I should. It is good to catch up with family because you're right - as a grown up, it's too easy to let those moments slip.

    I'm glad you feel able to share pg news here. I love hearing about rainbow pregnancies.

    ReplyDelete