Tuesday, August 9, 2011

For better or worse

Three years ago today Brian and I promised each other for better or worse in good times and bad till death do us part. That promise never meant so much to me as it does today.

I thought we would make a good team, but I had no idea how good. I am so thankful to have married my best friend. I love the way he loves me, but even more than that I love the way he loves our girl.

This year, the hardest year of our lives has been filled with more love than I ever knew was possible. Although the price we paid for this kind of love was far too high.



A little look into our special day...

My grandma made "tails" for the logger and added a sign that said "run Brian run"...thanks grandma ;)
Our ceremony at the lake

You may now kiss the bride!


Our crazy/wonderful wedding party
Brian's Fam

My Fam


We danced



Then the clouds let loose...it's August, we thought we would be safe weather wise
We were wrong, but our friends stayed and partied late...rain is supposed to be good luck...still waiting on that good luck.
Me talking Brian out of jumping in (the suit rental place said there would be a big fine).
Poor defeated Brian...sorry babe


These guys didn't care

My little flower girl wanted to come with us on our honeymoon...didn't understand why she couldn't...sad panda


It really was a wonderful day. It's one of those days I wish I could relive because it was so much fun. Even with the rain, I wouldn't change a thing about it!



7 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL wedding! BEAUTIFUL bride!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures! Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!

    It rained on our wedding day too...like monsoon! And I agree with the luck thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary!!! Hoping you get your good luck soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary. . .so glad you have such great support for all the good and bad life throws you way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE this post! Happy Anniversary! Keep loving each other and the rest will fall into place. Sounds like a good plan to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you had a great anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty wedding pictures. Also (in regard to the next blog post, which I read in reverse order as I'm playing catch up) I'm glad you guys were able to have a happy anniversary. I felt the same way about ours--it was good to celebrate something I do feel lucky to have--the cute husband.

    ReplyDelete