Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Rock & Walk 2011

In our quest to do things that honor Addison, we have decided to participate in a walk that raises money for families like us to help with funeral expenses.

I remember sitting in the hospital with Addison still in my belly and the words "funeral" and "burial/cremation" were being said out loud. It was so surreal to have been planning to have a baby to take home just hours before and now we were being faced with funeral arrangements on top pf giving birth to baby who was no longer living.

The only thing more daunting than planning a funeral for our daughter was trying to figure out how we were going to pay for everything. We had so many things going on in those moments and the expense of a funeral was something that just added to our fears.

We knew even with good insurance we were facing several thousand dollars in hospital/medical expenses (yes, even when you don't get to take the baby home, you still have to pay all the same bills). It just feels like massive insult to injury.

We had a family friend find out about the Tears Foundation (Thanks Laura) and got to work on getting us some help. They paid for Addison's urn. You wouldn't think such a little urn would be so costly, but it is and it was such a relief to have that part taken care of. We were fortunate to have the funeral home provide the cremation, but not all funeral homes will do that. Tears helps so many families in their darkest hour and I can't tell you how much relief they gave us in such a scary time.

I am so thankful to have such a beautiful urn for my daughter. I know it's a weird thing to have to be thankful for, but that is my reality. It is beautiful, precious and pink. A sweet little bootie that I cherish.


Addi's Urn

So many asked what they could do after we lost Addison and we didn't know what to ask for. So now this is us asking. Please help us help other families in Addison's name.

We love you all and thank you so much in advance. Even $5 adds up, I know things are tough for everyone, but seriously $5 is doable! I really think this will be a healing experience to walk with other families who "get it" and to honor Addison's memory in this way.

Tears Website
http://www.thetearsfoundation.org/


**I changed the comment setting on here so it should be easier to leave a comment or ask a question. If you would like to send me a private email, my email address is lifeafteraddison@gmail.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment