Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Rough Morning

I should have seen the signs and known this was coming, but I kept trying push through and just get through each day. This morning there was nothing I could do about it, I just woke up sad. I told Brian I didn't feel well and quickly realized it was "sad" sick not a "bug".

I just felt like crap all morning. I don't even remember leaving my house for work. I hope I brought the dogs inside...no wait I definitely did that, thank goodness. I got just passed the cemetery and realized I had forgotten to put my little footprint necklace on. Enter tears! I should have turned around and gone back to get it, but I was afraid it would make me late so I just cried my whole way in to work.

I have never forgotten my necklace before and I didn't realize how much it would bother me not to have it. It’s like a security blanket or something or maybe it's just because today is a sad one.

I was able to put myself together enough to walk into my office. I was asked to go to the post office today and it could have been a more welcomed errand. Once I got in my car I was able to let myself cry the whole way.

I actually feel a bit better, but I still have an upset tummy and my eyes still burn. Lucky for me today has been slow so far so I can just sit in my office and take care of the things that need to be done. I would go home if I wasn't about to take a whole week off, I can make it, I know I can...well I'm going to give it my best shot!

I know it's not just one thing, it's everything, but I can't ever get used to days like today. I miss Addi so much it hurts. With the 24th just around the corner (I will explain the significance of that date in another post)it's just one more thing to add on to my sad day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment