Friday, March 4, 2011

Birth Announcements

Front
Announcements are finished...well 99% finished. I am sure there will still be a few stragglers along the way, but the majority are out and it feels SO good! If you didn't get one, I probably didn't have your address. If you want one you can email me with your address and I will be happy to send you one.

That was such a long process! I had ordered a few samples from different places and none were good enough. I spend hours online searching for different companies who make them. I am so pleased with how they turned out and the company I ordered them from was great and shipped them super-fast. I got them from www.tinyprints.com and I would highly recommend them.

Before I started the search for the announcement I was waiting on Addi's foot to get turned into a butterfly. There is a BLM who does them and it said it was a 2-3 week wait. A month and a half later I was tired of waiting. Thank you Alex and Photoshop for getting that done!

I also wanted a way to sign these and all our future cards with something to include Addison. After thinking about it a lot I stumbled upon a BLM who made her daughter's butterfly prints into a stamp. She was kind enough to share the info with me and I love the stamp! Now Addison can be on all our cards with us and the people who know what it is will always know too :)The stamp website was www.rubberstamps.net I am going to have a larger one made because I think the one I ordered is too small, but I still love it.

I also wanted her to be on our return address stickers so I ordered those from 123print.com. All the places I ordered from were fast and reasonable pricing. When I find a website I like I always feel the need to share it.

I spent last Saturday on and off all day working on them. Usually I am quick with cards, but these took a lot out of me and I could only do a few at a time. I think all in all it was very therapeutic and I am so glad to have been able to do these for Addison.

Thanks to everyone who sent me messages about the announcements and to everyone who has Addi on their fridge!


Footprint Stamp

2 comments:

  1. I love the stamp. I would like to do that for my son. Where/how did you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. just now reading this from the link on your newest post. First - little M's announcements are perfect. As "perfect" as they can be with his sister not here. But when you get a chance will you tell me how I can get one of those stamps? Was it made with just pictures of the footprints? Thanks hun! caroline(dot)hidalgo(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete