Saturday, January 22, 2011

6 Week Check

Brian and I went to the 6 week check-up On Friday...he reminds me that it was actually 6 weeks and 5 days ;) It went really well. They made our appointment at the end of the day and when we got there we signed in. There must be a flashing sign on the computer that says our baby died because as soon as the girl looked up my name her face changed and she rushed us into a room. When our doctor came in we said something about how they were so careful with us to make us wait in a room with a bunch of pregnant ladies and babies. For us it would have been ok, but it is sweet of them to be aware of that.

Doctor didn't seem to worried about my foot, but also didn't know what to tell us about it. I guess we just wait a little longer. He said everything was healing the way it was supposed to. I am really glad because God knows I don't need another set back.

He told us to wait 6 months before we start working on baby no. 2, which is what we were planning on anyways. He was sweet, told us he couldn't wait for the call from us to tell him we are pregnant again. I really believe he will go above and beyond for us with our next pregnancy, which is good because I am sure I will be a total nut case!

We went to dinner afterwards as Friday is date night. Halfway through dinner I noticed a lady I used to work with came in. We didn't make eye contact so I tried to avoid looking at her as to not make her uncomfortable...isn't that weird...I hate people avoiding me, but I avoid people so they don't have to avoid me...confused yet?!?! Anyways as we were leaving she said hello to me, so we had that brief awkward moment, but it was nice because she just mouthed she was sorry. I responded with "it's ok" then I was mad at myself...it's not ok...why do I say that? I need to just say thank you. Ugh. This is a learning process for me too.

This week was pretty good, I only had two meltdowns. Once when I was hanging up Brian's clothes in Addi's closet (we use that closet for overflow). When I opened the door her little Christmas dress was there, it's always been there, but it was hard that day. I just took it out, held it and rocked in the rocking chair until I could stop crying. The next time was at night, I couldn't sleep so I was getting up to go sleep on the couch and accidentally woke up Brian. He called me back to bed and then the tears started, he is good at holding me until I am done, then I was able to sleep...oh how I miss the days of falling asleep the second I hit the pillow!

Today was a beautiful day and all I could think about was how it would be a great day to go for a walk with Addi. I had a pretty good day today as far as days go, but she was still on my mind all day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment